Assistant Translation Project Manager
Posted August 04, 2022 at 10:50 AM
Brief overview of the role
The main responsibility of this role is to help the Project Managers to manage the translation and interpreting projects that arise on a day-to-day basis.
About the Employer
Atlantic Language Services provides foreign language translations and interpreting (face-to-face and telephone) in all of the main European and International languages to individuals and businesses throughout the UK and Europe.
Vacancy Full Description
- Manage relationships with clients
- Respond to clients' enquiries by e-mail or phone with regard to potential new projects
- Receive and assess source files from the client
- Quote prices, delivery dates and times
- Source and liaise with freelance translators
- Select translators for the work, based on academic qualifications and experience
- Issue purchase orders
- Confirm acceptance, schedule, payment rate and volume of translations with the client
- Liaise between translator and client with regard to any queries about the text to be translated
- Inform the client of any problems, delays etc
- Check the quality of the final files before return to clients (e.g. check for completeness and correct format)
- Return final files to client and complete all paperwork to show project completion
- Input project details using specialist project management software (Projetex) and update software as project progresses
- Check freelance invoices and enter details in Projetex
- Vet and reply to new freelancers
- IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office
- Good time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to speak another language would be beneficial but not necessary.
The successful candidate must have very strong communication and interpersonal skills. They must be a team player, and have a keen interest in foreign languages and cultures. It is also important that the candidate is flexible, willing to learn and has a good sense of humour.
They must have a methodical and organised approach to their work. They must have good IT skills, especially confident in using Microsoft Office, and not be afraid to use new software.
GCSEs A-C in Maths and English are essential.
Level 3 Business Administration
Training to be Provided
Apprenticeship Training Provided by Assessor at Swatpro.
In house training for the job role provided by employer.
Expected Apprenticeship Duration
The successful candidate may be promoted to project manager and/or become involved in other aspects of the business such as sales or marketing. There may also be the opportunity to join one of our language classes in order to learn a new language or improve existing knowledge
30 hours- 10am till 4pm Can be flexible due to buses/lifts etc
Please apply in writing via Swatpro Academy including:
- Do you have interest in languages and if so how/why?
- What interests you in business admin?
Organisation name: Atlantic Language Services
Contact name: Stacy Harrall-Phillips
Contact phone number: 01392 437659
Contact website: https://www.swatproacademy.org.uk/
Salary: £180.00 per week
Location: 3-5 Moon Street Plymouth PL4 0AL
Deadline for completed applications: Wednesday 31 August 2022
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here