Machinist/Fabricator/Welder apprenticeship – Level 3
Posted March 25, 2022 at 15:24 PM
Earn as you learn by undertaking a Machinist/Fabricator/Welder apprenticeship with a global engineering business.
You will be working for Bradman Lake Ltd of Keynsham and your 4-year, Level 3 apprenticeship will be taught and assessed by Swatpro, engineering training specialists, based in Yate.
There are likely to be opportunities to progress with the company after completing your apprenticeship.
With training, your role will be to manufacture/fabricate components from drawings working to specific tolerances and within agreed timeframes, ensuring all parts are available for the assembly process as required.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- To select appropriate welding plant, machine and tooling to manufacture components as specified on drawings
- To select appropriate materials for each job as described in the drawings
- To run the welding plant/machine to produce required components
- To check and verify accuracy of components once manufactured
- The daily and accurate completion of records including timesheets and inspection status documentation
- To report any manufacturing errors to team leader so corrective action can be agreed
- To adhere to all quality, H&S standards
- To work with other departments to set priorities regarding component manufacture to ensure all parts are produced within required timeframes
- Other duties as required
The Bradman Lake group provides innovative packaging solutions to a client base that demands a partner to help them excel in today’s competitive and demanding market.
Amalgamating four key brands: they are a leading designer and manufacturer of packing machinery and turnkey systems to the bakery & biscuit, chocolate & confectionery, dry foods, chilled and frozen foods, consumer, pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.
Bradman Lake is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the multi-disciplined global UK engineering group, Langley Holdings plc.
Candidates for the apprenticeship should have good oral and written communication skills; pay attention to detail; be computer literate and mechanically minded.
They should also be proactive; flexible; reliable; a team player; highly motivated; customer-focused; change and goal orientated and possess a realistic and pragmatic approach to work.
Possible start date: September 2022
Please complete and return the application form as soon as possible, so that the initial assessments maybe completed and that your details can be circulated.
Organisation name: Swatpro Academy, Yate, Bristol
Contact name: Bryan Young
Contact phone number: 01454 321356
Contact website: https://www.bema.co.uk
Salary: Your earnings (for a 37-hour, Monday to Friday working week) will be £5.80ph in year one; £7.74ph in year two; £9.67ph in year three and £11.61ph in year four.
Location: Yate, Bristol BS37 5JR
Deadline for completed applications: Thursday 30 June 2022
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here